What We Believe
For the glory of God, Asbury
Connects people to God and one another;
Equips them to be disciples for Christ; and
Sends them forth to serve our Lord, Jesus Christ, in the world.
A vibrant faith community that reaches out with the love of Christ to every generation for the transformation of the world.
Asbury is a church that believes that all are called to be in ministry and service for Christ in the world. The members of Asbury are committed to serving the Lord through our prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness as we strive to live out God’s special calling on each of our lives.
THE MARKS OF DISCIPLESHIP
- Pray daily
- Worship weekly
- Read the Bible
- Serve others both at and beyond Asbury
- Encourage spiritual growth in ourselves and others as we nurture and mentor one another through our relationships
- Give freely of our time, talents and resources for the up-building of God’s Kingdom here on earth
WHAT WE BELIEVE AT ASBURY
At the center of our life together as a community of faith, we hold to certain beliefs as followers of Christ. These truths are central to our identity, our mission and ministry. They are a vital part of who we are as Christ’s disciples.
- In God, the Father Almighty, who created both the heavens and the earth.
- In Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, fully human and fully divine, who died for our sins and was raised on the third day and now lives and reigns at the right hand of God.
- That by faith alone we are saved, receiving that saving grace by being born again as we enter into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- In the transforming power of the Holy Spirit.
- In the resurrection and the life everlasting.
- That we are to love the Lord, our God, with all our heart, mind, soul and strength.
- That we are called to love our neighbor as ourselves.
- That the Church is the body of Christ here on earth through which we are called to serve the Lord
- That we are called to support the church through our prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.
- That our faith is grounded in the Bible, illuminated by our experience of God, supported by reason and upheld by tradition.